At first I thought of writing them onto a sort of scroll that he could roll out further and further. Then I thought of the classical way: putting the reasons into a jar / vase / bottle…
After going shopping and not finding what I was looking for, I found this wooden box I own, which my former best friend has painted for me (on request). It is of that magenta color - which you can see in the pictures below - all over the outside and has a pearl-white heart on the front.
Apart from it being pink… I thought it was suitable for this gift. :)
- Container of some sort (vase, bottle with a large opening, box, jar, etc. a very good idea is also the empty container/jar of a candle!)
- paper, cut into strips of approx. 1'' - 1,5'' width x 5'' - 6'' length
- string or thin ribbon
- pens (of all colors!)
- a Q-tip or similar (rod-)shaped object
- I first cut out the amount of strips of paper I wanted,
- before writing down a "reason why I love" him in different colors.
- I then rolled it up with the help of a Q-tip, of which I had previously taken off the cotton on one side,
- so that I could wrap the ribbon or string around the rolled up piece of paper and tie a triple-knot,
- before I then easily slipped it off the Q-tip
- and place into the box.
It's that simple! Cut - Write - Roll - Tie - Done! :)
Here's the plan:
Because I have already got the Christmas presents (for which I have got a theme and this does not fit in), I think this would be the perfect Valentine's Day present. 100 reasons - 1 for every day. So it'll last for about 3 months.
After 3 months we'll be in May - our first anniversary!!
So until then - for our anniversary - I will want to have created more so that I can 'fill up' the box: I want him to have 365 reasons! So that they last an entire year.
For Christmas 2014 or the next Valentine's day (2015!), I shall give him the 'last batch' of 635 reasons, so that he has a total of 1000 reasons!
If you would like me to post some ideas for "Reasons why I love you", please do tell me! :)
I would love for you to leave a comment and give me feedback or leave any suggestions. Don't forget to follow me and share!
I hope you have a splendid weekend,